Thursday, October 4, 2018

Club Zombie Cover Art


This cover is pretty significant to the entire Club Zombie series. The art is based on the original scene Ally Blue planted in my head, and kept watering it while I lived in China

I said, “I don’t do zombies. There’s just not sexy.”
Ally said, “Come on, Z. I bet you could figure out a way.”
Laughing I added, “Well, if I wrote zombies they wouldn’t be after brains…. Zombies suck but mine would swallow.”
And birth of a series!

For some reason, a person assigned male at birth stood on the landing of a club wearing a cheer leading outfit. (Ally added crooked pony tails to the image.)

I went insane trying to figure out where he was, who he was, and how the hell he was involved with zombies… The next scene was him falling into the arms of a man dressed as an angel… Again, no damn clue.

I needed to write Zombies Ahead and then Zombies Suck to get to Erick’s story.

PL Nunn, the artist who did the cover decided a night time scene would be cool. That’s the way the cover morphed from the landing (which started the series in my head back in early 2011) to showing Erick right after he leaves his car to go into Club Zombie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment