Thursday, November 28, 2019

An Interview


1.     How did you get started as an author?

I’ve always written but I never shared. I was sitting in China and I watched Adam Lambert being protested in Malaysia because he would “make the children gay.” I realized I needed to share my writing and lend my voice to promote equality (and information). I believe understanding leads to acceptance.

2.     Do you have a favorite song or playlist you listen to while writing?


I usually have a kick off song. For my 1st book With Wings it was Fever by Adam Lambert (30 seconds into the video... and it's clear where inspiration for my 1st published work came from LOL) with my latest book Rocking Thin Ice it was watching Johnny Weir skate to Bad Romance. Music gets me into the head space of the characters. During Rocking Thin Ice Blaze skates to Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar and We Are The Champions by Queen which sums up his reaction to the negativity he received for being openly gay which I played over and over as I wrote and edited that chapter.

3.     What was your most frustrating plot bunny? And did you end up writing it?

As soon as a bunny bounces out of the hutch it’s a challenges. All of my characters seem to show up lost and are looking for me to help them find where they belong. I usually don’t have a name only a scene so then I must play Z. Allora detective at large as I sleuth who they are and who they want to belong to….

4.     Do you have a hobby or activity you enjoy during your down time?

Traveling with my love. We love spending our time with animals (at sanctuaries), museums, and shopping.If you are reading this and we're Facebook friends you know I TMI my trips!

5.     What is the one thing that impacted you most as a writer, be it good or bad?

Finding connections: Finding my love allowed me to believe in romance (included insta-love) and assembling my Pretty Ones (aka the people on my friends list on Facebook). They are lovely and supportive while making me laugh and think. I truly am a better person because of them.

6.     If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?

Death and illness. I’d spare everyone from it if I could… but that’s not realistic so I guess having a better handle on my anxiety.

7.     Now for a little fun: If you had unlimited resources, what would you be doing?

I’d create a writer and readers playhouse. Lots of tea and coffee and calorie free but deliciously magical treats… Writers could have an editor beside you to correct you as you type. (“No, Z. that’s not a word…” “Um, Z. that’s not a thing.” “Z. I need to stop you right there his cock cannot be that magical….).
Readers (aka that’s everyone) could sit and listen to writers tell the stories in their heads (the ones they don’t have time to write).



                     
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment