Thursday, August 6, 2020

On the Quest for Happy Endings

If you know me at all I'm always up for a happy ending. It annoys some people but I simply won't invest my time, money, and effort into being sad. Life is sad enough and I'm seeking the happy.

So I was told in Japan a sad movie is everyone dies including the dog... in a happy movie everyone dies but the dog lives.

NOOOOOOOOO!

Sigh, so I set out to find a bit of happiness in Japan. I've found PLENTY!

I want to share two movies:

Ai no Kotodama from 2008 has some internalized homophobia due to where Japan (& most of the world was in terms of the rainbow in 2008). It's high school sweethearts dealing with college and trying to find their way together. This story simply shows LOVE IS LOVE! 

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ANR2r-Q3s&t=2117s


Junjou Pure Heart (2010) What happens when 1st love comes back into your life. Are you able to take the chance you were too young to take last time? (Psst, yes they take the chance.) There's a bit of aggression but nothing goes into the realm of noncon. When their heads touch at the end > it's EVERYTHING.


Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do3U4v7867M

Happy Movie Watching!

Hugs, Z. Allora


No comments:

Post a Comment