Thursday, March 18, 2021

Things That Help Me Write

Getting in the mood:

A clean organized house

A hot travel mug of my tea

I have a time 10am is my start time & an end time usually 4pm-ish

I start by taking care of emails & then making a Facebook post


Tools I rely on:

*I use Scrivener to write my manuscript. I find I like their cork board system. It's set up to allow assess to all my chapters, character sketches, research is invaluable. I don't waste time searching for what I need.

*I use Alexa for spell checks. "Alexa, how do you spell auto erotic asphyxiation?" Saves me trying to figure out how to spell something enough to get the right spelling, and I avoid leaving my work in progress.

*Once I have a rough draft I transfer it to Word. 

*I'm going to use Edit Out Loud and Writing Pro with this new manuscript. 

*Taking breaks. My iWatch demands I stand up, and since I need make tea a lot so that gets me to move around. (Sitting is today's smoking > or so I'm told). Also I try to take an afternoon walk (15 or 20 mins) refreshes me.

*Using Walmart pickup or Publix pickup allows me not to waste time grocery shopping. 

*When there's not a global pandemic I usually take 1-3 days off and go somewhere. Driving helps my characters flash scenes to me. 

*Always take notes of your thoughts/ideas > put it some place permanent as there is nothing worse than losing it.

*Crash Plan: Anything that automatically backs up your documents is a heavenly. This has saved me 4x and counting.

*Uplet > an app that allows me to upload to Instagram from my laptop. (Here's to add links & longer text)

 

***Keep in mind I don't beat myself up. I write because I enjoy it if I was writing to get paid I'd probably have different information on this post.***

If you write may the words come to you and if you read may the words light your life.


Many hugs, Z. 


No comments:

Post a Comment